The Suzie is such a sweet little wheel. She's my first choice for beginner spinners now as the delta orfice is easy to thread, she treadles as though she's a part of them and doesn't try to outspin them. Her built in lazy kate makes a nice feature as well. Plus she's so pretty. I love our little Suzie, and I bet you will love her too!
All wheels purchased from Purly Shell come with 4 oz of starter roving, and if picked up in person will be assembled, tested and come with a free lesson!
The Suzie is the original Majacraft double-treadle spinning wheel. It spins beautifully and is crafted in attractive New Zealand Rimu.
A New Zealand Clematis flower motif graces the handle and drive wheel on the Suzie setting creating a unique and striking look.
After building the Suzie for 21 years (and counting!) you can be sure you are investing in a reliable and dependable spinning wheel that will serve you well for years to come.
All Majacraft spinning accessories fit on the Suzie making it very versatile. Some of the features of the Suzie are:
- Double heel and toe treadling
- Comes with four (4) bobbins
- Frictionless ball bearings
- Single hook flyer
- Folds up for transport
- Maintainance-free drive band
- No threading hook required
- Right or left handed
- Five main ratios available on each pulley
- Accessories available are high speed pulley and low speed pulleys to extend the spinning range from 3.25:1 to 20:1 as well as baby bobbins, lace bobbins and huge plying bobbins